Xarelto lawyers at Arentz Law Group, P.C. are standing by and ready to assist victims of Xarelto internal bleeding or other side effects file a claim to recover substantial compensation. Xarelto is an anticoagulant, or blood thinner, designed to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks and strokes. Unfortunately, recent studies and adverse event reports show that Xarelto could pose a heightened risk of potentially fatal internal bleeding and other side effects. If you have suffered as a result of Xarelto side effects, contact us today to learn about Xarelto lawsuit compensation and victims’ rights in a free legal consultation.
What is Xarelto?
Xarelto is a new blood thinner that was approved by the FDA in July 2011 to prevent stroke, pulmonary embolism, and blood clots in patients who are recovering from knee or hip replacement surgery. Xarelto was granted approval to prevent blood clots and strokes in patients with atrial fibrillation in November 2011.
Atrial fibrillation is a condition where an irregular heart rhythm can cause blood to well up in the upper chambers of the heart. This may lead to the formation of a blood clot, which could be transported to another part of the body. If this clot travels to the brain, it could lead to a fatal or debilitating stroke.
A recent study shows that up to 2 million Americans have atrial fibrillation or another type of heartbeat irregularity and could benefit from an anticoagulant like Xarelto, Pradaxa, or Coumadin. Unfortunately, all of these blood thinners have been shown to increase the risk of potentially fatal internal bleeding and other side effects.
Xarelto Side Effects
Xarelto has been associated with a high risk of potentially fatal side effects. These side effects are especially a risk for patients who already have an acute illness like an infectious disease, heart failure, or respiratory problems.
Xarelto Internal Bleeding
Internal bleeding is one of the most dangerous Xarelto side effects. When an artery or vein is damaged, blood can leak out of the circulatory system and begin to accumulate in various areas of the body. In most people, a blood clot would help stop internal bleeding, but people who use Xarelto may not be able to form clots so even minor bleeding can turn into a large problem. Here are some potential signs of Xarelto internal bleeding:
- Rigidity in the area of an injury
- Vomiting blood
- Bloody stools
- Urine that is pink or brown
Other Xarelto Side Effects
Most serious Xarelto injuries and deaths arise from internal bleeding, but there are also other Xarelto side effects patients should be aware of, such as:
- Chest tightness
- Respiratory problems
- Allergic reactions
Contact a Xarelto Lawyer
If you have suffered Xarelto internal bleeding or other Xarelto side effects, you could be entitled to pursue substantial compensation for your financial, physical, and emotional damages in a dangerous drug Xarelto lawsuit. A lawyer from our firm can help you recover the full compensation to which you are entitled. Contact us today to speak with a Xarelto attorney in a free legal consultation.
- 50 Suits in 25 Districts Spur Xarelto MDL
- Atrial Fibrillation and the Risk of Stroke
- Bayer and Johnson & Johnson Oppose MDL for Xarelto Lawsuits
- Bayer Petitions the FDA for Permission to Claim Xarelto Works better than Coumadin
- Comparing the Anti Blood Clot Medications Xarelto and Pradaxa
- FDA Approval and Warnings for Xarelto
- Filing Your Xarelto Lawsuit
- Filing Your Xarelto MDL Lawsuit
- History of Xarelto
- How Long will my Xarelto Lawsuit Take?
- How Xarelto Works
- Internal Bleeding While Using Xarelto is leading to MDL Lawsuits
- JPML Agrees to Centralize Xarelto Lawsuits in Louisiana
- Judge Fallon in New Orleans to Oversee Xarelto MDL
- Key Differences between Xarelto and Coumadin (Warfarin)
- Plavix Attorneys
- Pradaxa and Xarelto Lawsuits
- Signs and Symptoms of Xarelto Hemorrhaging
- The Xarelto MDL May Follow Along the Lines of Pradaxa
- There is No Antidote for Xarelto Bleeding
- Types of Gastrointestinal Bleeding that Xarelto can Cause
- What is Xarelto
- Xarelto Carries More Risk than Coumadin
- Xarelto Has Led to at Least 65 Deaths since FDA Approval in 2011
- Xarelto Increases Risk of Hemorrhaging
- Xarelto Lawsuits
- Xarelto Lawsuits
- Xarelto MDL Will Streamline Litigation
- Xarelto Revenue and Popularity
- Xarelto Side Effects
- Xarelto Studies