Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys

Traumatic Brain Injury

A traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawyer from Arentz Law Group, P.C. has the experience and resources needed to assist victims in building a strong case so that they may recover the full compensation to which they are entitled for their injuries.  A traumatic brain injury is the result of sudden trauma, and can result in injuries as mild as a slight concussion to a more severe injury like a coma or even death.  Roughly 1.5 million traumatic brain injuries occur in the United States every year, and traumatic brain injury is a leading cause of death and disability among children and adults.  The top causes of traumatic brain injuries in this country are auto accidents and slip and fall accidents, and many brain injuries are the result of another party’s negligence or even medical malpractice.  If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury that was someone else’s fault, you could be entitled to compensation.  Contact a traumatic brain injury lawyer at our firm to schedule a free legal consultation.

Types of Brain Injuries

The traumatic brain injury lawyers at our firm have worked with a number of victims who suffered a brain injury because of someone else’s negligence or actions.  Brain injuries are classified according to the specific part of the brain or head that suffered trauma.

The following is a list of some of the more common types of brain injuries our lawyers are familiar with:

  • Concussions: A concussion occurs after a blow to the head, and can cause bleeding or nerve damage when the brain is violently pushed against the skull.
  • Contusions: A contusion is bruising on the brain that is the result of an impact.
  • Diffuse axonal injuries: These injuries are mostly caused by car accidents and falls, and they are the result of the brain moving around in the skull.  Roughly 90% of victims of this type of traumatic brain injury remain unconscious, while the remaining 10% are severely impaired.
  • Coup-Contrecoup: This type of brain injury causes damage to two areas of the brain: the side where the initial injury or impact occurred and the opposite side.
  • Recurrent traumatic brain injuries: These traumatic brain injuries are common amongst athletes and they arise when a brain injury is sustained before a prior brain injury has healed.  These injuries could cause ocular (eye) and respiratory failure, among other issues.

Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer

If you have suffered as a result of another party’s willful acts or negligence, you may be entitled to significant compensation in a personal injury lawsuit.  Our personal injury lawyers have built successful cases on a broad range of claims, helping our clients recover just compensation for damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, pharmaceutical and therapeutic costs, lost wages, and loss of support, among others.

We understand that no amount of money can make up for your breached trust, compromised health, or the loss of a loved one.  Still, compensation awarded in a personal injury lawsuit can help alleviate financial burdens and let you focus on healing and moving on with your life.  To learn more about our personal injury lawyers, contact Arentz Law Group, P.C. today to schedule a free and confidential legal consultation.

Send Us a Text Message!

Contact Us

Free Consultation

Fields marked with an * are required